Disability Employment Service for Students
Leaving school and finding a job can be an exciting time for Students but it can also be quite confusing.
FWS under the Disability Employment Services program has successfully supported students to gain employment in their chosen field.
Registering with FWS under the Disability Employment Services program provides students with access to a specialist disability employment consultant who will:
- set employment goals and prepare them for the workplace
- connect them to an employer who understands their special needs
- support them in the workplace for as long as they need it
- advocate for them and connect them to additional support as required
- assist with Centrelink enquiries
- liaise with families and carers
To be Eligible for Disability Employment Services a Student must be:
- in their final 12 months of full time secondary school
- of legal working age
- not currently employed for 8 hours or more per week
- have a disability
Our team provide a tailored client centered services and are available to answer your questions.
FWS is proud to be creating solutions for our community and our testimonials show our quality services does get results.
“Over the past 5 months we have worked in close collaboration with the local FWS office and successfully placed a young man with a disability into employment with our organisation. The whole process was smooth and professional”.
“The time and effort that you have spent getting to know and understand our son, has been in our minds, the major reason for the success of this process. Thank you for the passion that you have for the job, it shows through and has been of major benefit to our family”.
You can access our information brochure here or simply send us an email via the contact us now and we will call you.
FWS endorses the Charter of Rights for Children and Young People in our Care. You can read more about this here